Friday, January 5, 2018

Leader or Follower?

CT Polar Bears Pogy, left, and Captain, right, together again at The Cabin.

Motorcycle Polar Bear Blog, Polar Bear Grand Tour, ride to The Cabin, December 17, 2017.

By Pogy:

Today's ride was to the Cabin in Howell New Jersey. The Captain picked me up at 0950 in Darien (just the two of us today) Chris met The Captain at the DD but didn't ride. (Chris borrowed a bit of space in Captain's Gold Wing Tour Pack to carry Chris' unwrapped toy to the Cabin.)

 The ride down to NY was ok - a little concerned about black ice at the bottom of the GWB but little issue when we got there. I was lead today, went down the NJ tnpk to exit 11 and hooked into the Garden state.

I knew we needed to exit at 100A. Just as we approached the exit I saw The Captain take 100B and I'm thinking to myself he went wrong because we need to exit at 100A - DA!!!! As I rolled a few feet further the GPS informed me that the old "A" was now the New "B." Crap! He was right and I was wrong.

I knew at this point that I was going to take some lip from him when we got to the Cabin. So I got off and made my way back and to "B" and there he was waiting for me.

The rest of the ride to the Cabin was uneventful, until we got there. We no sooner got our helmets off and The Good Captain didn't let me down. After being harassed verbally, we kissed and hugged and had a nice lunch and were back in the saddle by 1300.

The ride back was great - we didn't hit any traffic - Not on the GS, 287 or 95, home by 1530.

This will be the last report of the year since we won't ride for the next two weeks due to Christmas and New Years. Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!

Pog

MORE . . .

Readers, if you are interested, Chris (a.k.a. CT Blogger) touched off an email exchange, initially about riding, when he scolded Captain for leaving his leader. But it soon took a political bent, as things tend to do these days.

Chris wrote:

We need to have a serious discussion about mutiny. Russ Curtis would have followed me up a tree if I was leading and headed that way. Isn’t it better to keep the group together?

Thanks for the support. Sorry I couldn’t make it,Chris

T2 threw gasoline on the fire:

Shocking, absolutely shocking departure in group riding protocol. That said we are living in a world where conventional protocols have been discarded and alternative facts rule the day.

Still I struggled with the news of today's CT PB's ride . Tortured and conflicted I contacted Kellyanne Conway and she advised that two participants doesn't qualify to make it a group ride, so all is good😊.


Have a good Christmas one and all.
T2 (marooned in Virginia)

Captain complained:

I'm surrounded by "Liberal Progressives"!

Token is like a gorilla fighter, jumps out takes a shot than back down the rabbit hole.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
John K. aka:Captain


T2 replied:

Well I have to pop out once in a while....now I don't get the Obama era circulating patriot emails or a chance to kick the tires over Sunday lunch. Talking of which I have not seen 'the sky is falling due to the national debt' emails. In fact I anticipate the term 'national debt' to be banned along with 'climate change', 'evidence based', 'science based' and so forth, unless it is accompanied by the term 'Democrat driven' either before or after use of the term. In the event you are confronted with a discussion about tax reform (aka. Trumpola - which I am loving by the way)  the term 'increased national debt' should be challenged and replaced with 'managed borrowing for national security reasons'. 

Don't disappoint me now.....

Back to the bunny warren.

T2


Oh, and it was the toy run. A very Happy Christmas
(in deference to our English buddy).




No comments:

Post a Comment