Saturday, January 20, 2018

First Riding Ride of the New Year

CT Polar Bears, from left, Fonz, Anonymous Ed, Captain and Pogy down front.


Motorcycle Polar Bear Blog, Polar Bear Grand Tour, ride to Rhodes North Tavern, January 14, 2018.

By Pogy:

Today was the first ride of the new year due to holidays and crappy weather.

Talked to the Capt at 0945 - he was at DD all alone drinking his coffee -nobody had shown up yet so I told him I would call back before his departure(10:30) when I did call back, twice, he didn't answer so I figured he waspre occupied, so I suited up and departed the house at 10:32 and 19 degreesF.  At about 10:50, the Capt and anonymous Ed picked me up at the rest stop.

This was a short ride today for us all - just over 100 miles RT.  The Capttook the lead (over 75mph at times) and got us to Rhodes just at 11:30.  Weno sooner park and who shows up? The Fonz, turns out that he was workingand got out at the last minute so he soloed down the pike to meet us.
The four of us had a nice breakfast, took a group picture, saddled up, hitthe road and I was home by 1345.  Temp never got over 23 but the skies wereclear with no snow or rain

Thanks for leading today Capt -  
Ride Safe and see yawl next week

Pog

No comments:

Post a Comment