Thursday, November 16, 2017

Not Enough Harassment

Motorcycle Polar Bear Blog, Polar Bear Grand Tour, Ride to Bridgewater, NJ, November 12, 2017

By: Pogy

The morning started off at 34 degrees and overcast – I was so looking forward to my first ride of the season since I had missed the first two rides due to weather and a wedding.  I called The Captain at 0900 (at Duncan donuts) to confirm his departure and my pickup time.  All was a go – left the house and made my way to the Rest stop on 95 where right on time the guys rolled by blowing their horns – I joined up with the group which consisted of The Fonz, Anonymous Ed and The Captain.  

Ed was the lead, Fonz at the Tail – Traffic was light to moderate – I was behind The Captain  

For the first 30 plus miles or so, it was like riding with a slinky – Captain kept on looking down to his right and every time he did he lost 15 – 20 car lengths – then go like hell to catch up  - But in the end he settled down and the rest of the ride went well.

The food spread at the Eagles was well done and for $12 you could not beat it – 

We saddled up by 1230 and the only real traffic we hit was on 287 before the bridge – Stopping at the top to pee, Captain listened to 88 and heard that 95 was backed up in Darien so we took the Merritt once over the bridge

All in all a good day and a good ride 

I will say that it was not the same at the lunch table without T2, Chris, Grumpy and Mac – Not enough verbal harassment!!!!!


Ride safe 

Pog

No comments:

Post a Comment