Thursday, November 30, 2017

New Bear and Old Bear on New Bike

CT Bears to Hillbilly Hall, from left standing: Mac, Scott, Fonz, Captain and Houndog with Pogy down front and Anonymous Ed behind the camera.
Motorcycle Polar Bear Blog, Polar Bear Grand Tour, ride to Hopewell, NJ, November 26, 2017

By Pogy:

Our ride today was to Hillbilly Hall in Jersey - 

Got a email from a NFG last night introducing himself as Greg "Houn
dog" Miller advising me that he was going to make the run with us today so I called him up, gave him the poop on the pickup point on 95 and told him I'd see him in the morning.

When I arrived this morning I found him and Scott waiting for me. Did the intros and advised both that I would do sweep. Soon after the group from Stratford came rolling by and off we went. 

Was a chilly morning but the sky was clear and the ride was mostly uneventful to Hillbilly Hall. Scott was two in front of me and he was a slinky the whole way down. So Greg and I had to play catchup - but got there in time to check in, have a burger and coffee, share some war stories and back on the road by 1220. We made good time coming back with some moderate traffic, a stop at the top to pee, and home by 1500. All in all a good ride for all.

Ride Safe
Pog

Note: Scott has a brand new ride - Guess he was at the dealer and had a senior moment -- New Road King I believe --- happens to all of us at some point or another.


A note from our newest Connecticut Polar Bear:

Gentlemen:
Thank you for the day riding down to Hillbilly. I rarely think of my 800 lb Softail as a light bike, but going across the Tap I was getting tossed around like a raggedy Ann Doll in a Mr Bill Cartoon.


As this was my first Polar Bear ride, my plan the night before was to wear my electric vest under my leather, a pair of thermals under my jeans and a set of gloves. But as the morning dawned clear and cool I decided I had better go to  farmer johns and more layers. Of course each layer was a   different color -leaving me not only feeling like a Raggedy Ann Doll but also looking like one.

Then came the traffic. Very pretty watching a skilled RC clear room for a pack to move through. Nice.

And an Honor to finally meet Mac.  All across this great Nation you will find PG gear among my Bros.


Houndog



No comments:

Post a Comment