Thursday, January 3, 2019

Push Button Complications

Connecticut Polar Bears in Sloatsburg, NY, from left: Fat Mac, Captain, Anonymous Ed and Pogy.

Polar Bear Motorcycle Blog, Polar Bear Grand Tour, ride to Rhodes North Tavern, Sloatsburg, NY, December 30, 2018.

By: Pogy

Day started off with some snow flurries – 34 degrees and lots of overcast – departure from the Donkin was 1015 – Talked to the Captain at 0955 and said Grumpy was under the weather and Chris was with family so it looked like it was going to be he and I 

When I got picked up at the rest stop, there was a party of three – The Captain, Anonymous Ed and Fat Mac – Captain in the lead and I picked up tail gunner.  The ride down to Rhodes was with moderate traffic but moving.  This being our shortest ride this year, we were on site in 50 minutes.   As in years past, Rhodes had blocked off one of the parking lots for bikes and had a fire pit burning in the middle of the lot – Nice effect

Upon arrival at Rhodes, I had a blinking reverse light on my instrument panel.  Once I turned the key off, she was locked up. The reverse button was engaged and I could not get it to pop out.  Along comes Anonymous and he pushed the button once and it disengages – DA!!! Talk about feeling like a dip S&*%$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Needless to say the guys wouldn’t let it go at lunch – xoxoxo.  In hind sight, last week I used the reverse mode for the first time in years and the only thing I can assume is when I pushed the button the disengage last week it never popped out – lessons to be learned – use your switches  on your bike or they will fail you when needed.

After a nice lunch, we had our picture taken and we headed back with absolutely no traffic – Never saw the bridge so deserted except for 0300 in the morning

Thanks for leading the ride Captain and Happy New Year to all 

See you next week and ride safe

Pog

No comments:

Post a Comment