Thursday, April 19, 2018

Raw Weather and Hot BBQ

CT Bears from left: Grumpy, Captain, Mac and Pogy down front.
Polar Bear Motorcycle Blog, Polar Bear Grand Tour, ride to Hickory BBQ Smokehouse, Kingston, NY, April 15, 2018

Ride report by Pogy:

Today’s ride was to Kingston NY – forecast was for Rain and some icing north of us – Capt and I talked at 0830 and I decided to run to Stratford DD since our ride was going west and north and I didn’t want to chance not hooking up on I84 if I went solo up 7 – when we departed 6 minutes early (according to Grumpy) there were four of us – Grumpy, Captain, Fat Mac and me – Didn’t hear from Fonz or Anonymous Ed – when up Rt25 to 84 to 87 – ride was with little traffic and we arrived just at 1130.  No rain so far – really overcast, cold and raw!!

We had lunch and were back on the road just at 1230 – few miles down the road from leaving the Hickory, it started to mist but only lasted about 15 minutes – dry the rest of the way  -  ride back to Connecticut was uneventful – I broke off 84 on to Rt7 for home – the others continued on 84 for home

Grumpy took pictures – he noted that the pictures he took last week disappeared into outer space – never to be seen again!

Any day is a good day when you’re out riding with the troops 

See you’ll next week and ride safe

Pog






No comments:

Post a Comment